Elkhart ISD Frequently Asked Questions During School Closure
1. Where and when do we pick up lunches and hard copies of work?
-Elementary and Intermediate- Bus lanes from 11:00-12:30 on Mondays
-High School and Middle School- Car lanes on Middle School Campus from 11:00-12:30 on Mondays
***Work from the former week can be turned in at that time also.
**Packet links will also be posted on Facebook, ZippSlip, and the website for each campus.
*** For those unable to pick up packets, or have no internet, please call the campus and make arrangements to be picked up at a different time, or for someone to deliver them to you.
Elementary campus- 903-764-2979
Intermediate campus- 903-764-8535
Middle School campus- 903-764-2459
High School campus- 903-764-5161
2. How are the students going to get books to read and how are we going to make sure the books are at the correct level for them to read?
Here are a few online links to help students with reading:
3. Will the students be able to get all their work so that they're not behind on school work? Also do you know if the school is going to open on April 6th, or is the school going to remain closed for the rest of the school year?
Students are expected to complete assignments. We will review information related to COVID-19 and make a determination regarding next steps and potential opening or extended closure and relay information on March 31st.
4. Do we have any information regarding Dual Credit courses for high school students?
Dual Credit courses will resume on March 30th.
5. What do we need to do about turning in pre-registration forms for freshmen?
You may drop off your completed form at the pick-up line at the Middle School from 11:00-12:30 on any Monday. Please email our HS counselor, Kim Stanaland, for any pre-registration questions: email@example.com
6. How will closures affect our Seniors and graduation?
As of this time, graduation is still planned for May 29, 2020.
7. How can we access HS assignments with technology?
Teachers will post lessons/assignments on the EHS webpage- https://hs.elkhartisd.org
Under the “Students” tab, and “Parents” tab, you will find the Teachers’ Web Pages” tab. From there, you can access the needed teacher’s web page to access assignments/lessons/activities.
8. What can we do regarding school supplies?
Our local area churches will be at the end of the pick-up area at the MS and Elementary campuses to give supplies to those who need them.